World View of Visitors

Friday, April 17, 2009

Dry Pack Canning

Yesterday several women and I went to the LDS cannery off Fruitridge road and canned up a storm. I canned wheat, some white flour, odds and ends that were really just taking up the leftovers from everyone else as much as I could. I have to now figure out where to put it in my house, so I am cleaning like a mad woman and checking all nooks and crannies to put more in. The most important and first thing anyone should store is HARD WINTER WHEAT. It stores for 30 years or more, and is a real necessity for long term storage. A wheat grinder is also necessary. They can be expensive, but you HAVE to have one if you want to use your wheat for more than cereal and for sprouting. I'll put some web pages out there later for those who may wonder where to get a good wheat grinder. Meanwhile, if you have a Vitamix blender, you already have a perfectly good wheat grinder! That's what I use.

No comments: