World View of Visitors

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tomatoes Under the Bed


I bought two large, long storage bins designed to fit under a bed. I started putting in my extra cans of beans, tomato sauce, canned corn, etc. They aren't completely full yet, but when they are, they will be close to a year's supply of one or two meals for us (prepared twice a month). It doesn't sound like all that much, but if I continue to build on it, it will serve us well. I encourage everyone who reads this to buy those storage bins and store food (date the cans!) there. Never put new cans in the cupboard. Put them in the storage bin, and pull out the oldest can of the product you are using and put THAT into your cupboard. Let the storage bin be your overflow.

Any questions? Give me a comment and I'll get back to you.

No comments: