World View of Visitors

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fall and Winter Gardening

The time is almost here to plant for the fall and winter in Sacramento area. I am not an expert my any stretch, as this is the first year I will attempt to do this. My goal is to be as self reliant in vegetables for an entire year, and that will include preserving vegetables and fruits throughout the year for those times when nothing will grow.

I'm excited to try this. So far I have avoided buying tomatoes for several months, although now my plants are unproducing, probably because I haven't fertilized them correctly. I will do better next year and as I go along for the rest of this year until next Spring.

I found a great article that might help http://www.vegetablegardener.com/item/5545/a-winter-vegetable-garden-in-northern-california

No comments: