World View of Visitors

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fishing

It dawned on me today that there is one method for acquring food that I haven't done since I was with my step dad in 3rd grade. Fishing. Like most people who live in cities, that's a skill I've never acquired. However, I will be looking into it more as time goes by.

The thing I appreciate so much about survival thinking is how much knowledge it takes. On EVERY level, from medical knowledge to baking bread, to gardening to preserving, to making clothing, to understanding propane use. It's never ending. To some that may seem "too much", or too complicated. To me, it's a joy to find myself continually improving my knowledge in things I love to do. It give such an incredible feeling of self reliance. I highly recommend anyone reading this to encourage your own quest for knowledge on how to fend for yourself at all levels. First and foremost, get out of debt as soon as you can. You can't be self sufficient if you can potentially lose important items that can be repossessed.

No comments: