World View of Visitors

Monday, April 26, 2010

Red Potatoes Fresh From Garden! and New Water Bath Canner

One container of red potatoes is ready to harvest, so I pulled them out of the container's soil.  I had hoped for more, but I'm not disappointed in the 1/2 pound or so I harvested.  There are 7 small potatoes...perfect for tonight's dinner.  If all goes well with the other two containers, I'll definitely plant a whole row of them in the Fall planting!


I also found the perfect water bath canner! I've been looking for over a year for one that was suitable for an electric range.  I have the coil range top, but this would work equally well for the ceramic range top.  It's a high quality, smooth bottom pot with a clear lid. I made fresh multi-berry jam with it and it turned out fantastic!!! I bought it from http://www.biggestlittlekitchenstore.com/


I'll make more in a month or so and will post photos then.

No comments: