World View of Visitors

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Potatoes and White Beans


There is something so cool about pressure canning meats and beans, they are so tender and tasty when done.  The only thing better is then taking a meat or bean and drying it! This is a picture of dried white beans. I took a quart of pressure canned beans I'd done and dried them for about 15 hours.  Great! I also harvested most of the potato plants in my garden, and didn't find as many potatoes as I'd hoped, but still plenty, since I got about twice this amount all total, (with two more bushes to harvest).

I don't understand why I can't seem to take close up photos without blurring, though.

3 comments:

Spencer and Jessica said...

To take close up pictures without the blur, I usually take the picture at a reasonable distance, and then zoom in and save on my camera. It's the only way it seems to work for me. Good luck!

GlassGuyz said...

Looks great! And I love the cute little potatoes. Good job mom!

Ldswoman said...

What a great idea! I'll start doing that from now on! ;)