World View of Visitors

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Make your own Laundry Detergent

My friend Amanda just posted on her daughter's blog that she made her own laundry detergent, so of course I have to post my version. :) I printed this out long ago on an emergency newsletter that I publish at church.

It works beautifully and I use it all the time....so cheap!

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 bar of soap, your preference. Fels Naptha, is commonly used, or Ivory or another plain pure soap.  I have used Fels Naptha but now I use Pure and Natural bar soap.

2 cups of washing soda (not baking soda... (Wal-Mart and Winco)
2 cups of borax
¼ cup Oxy-Clean powder

HOW TO MAKE IT:

Use a cheese grater to grate up the bar of soap.
In a large container with a sealable lid, mix together the grated soap and borax, then ..
Add in the washing soda and oxy-clean
Put the lid on the container, and shake the container to mix the contents well.
When you do laundry, use about 1/4 cup, or if your machine is a front loading type, just use a heaping tablespoon.

Found at: http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gardening Beginning 2011



Here it is mid March already. I mostly have winter/fall vegetables still out there producing, but I also just planted a couple tomatoes just for fun...and of course it's crazy rainy out, but ah well.  I like to try early.  I have lots of other things going on as you can see.  I'll post again in mid April when I hope to have all summer veggies planted.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dinner is in the Jar

For the past three months I have been putting together many dried dinners from the Dinner is in the Jar book.  All of them are excellent...Kathy Clark is to be commended!

I have gone from putting them into jars to placing them in mylar bags.  Here are two pix of how I'm doing them...put a label on the outside of what it is and how to refill and cook the item, then seal up with an iron.  Works great.  I also put in an oxygen absorber.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Seedlings 2011

I started my seeds beginning of last month, now they are ready for transplant into larger cups. I made them from 8 1/2 by 11 white paper, only because I didn't have any black and white newspaper to use this time (too lazy to go get a paper). 


They are doing great and will stay in the garden box with the "cover" I made over them until ready to plant into the garden box itself.