World View of Visitors

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Garden for March 2012

Well the garden is loving the rain we've been having.  More of this and we'll have some fantastic bounties this year, at least I hope so! I'm holding off on the planting of more tomatoes, green beans and the typical summer veggies, which is very unlike me.  However, I wanted the tomatoes to really produce this year--normally they look great by now (when I plant them at the beginning of March) but don't always produce well.

This picture is of one of several potato plants.


This is one of the groups of lettuce:


This is the Better Boy Tomato that I planted late February:

Below is a photo of the spinach  plants which are doing better than last year.  It would be lovely if they would grow to the point we can not only have spinach once a week but also enough to dehydrate.


Next is our sweet peas.   We have about 6 of them, plus more Lincoln peas.  They are doing very well.


And finally here is a picture of the apricot tree.  We have high hopes for it this year!  There are several other fruit trees: peach, lemon, lime, pear, kumquat, and several different varieties of apple.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a beautiful garden! You're spinach is doing wonderfully, as well as your lettuce! I can't believe everything is blooming so fast. Just think, if we were still living there we'd be planting our enormous garden...kinda sad but we can plant here in a couple months. I'm thinking of using up an entire side of the yard (with Grass and all) for our garden. We'll see what Brad thinks.